Golden Oil Industries Limited was incorporated in Nigeria on 8th September 1988. Golden Oil Industries Limited has grown into a household name in Nigeria’s edible oil’s industry. The company’s focus is to provide healthy oil as a cooking medium to its customers. The company is Nigeria’s trusted name for supply of refined palm oil, palm kernel oil, olein, soybean Oil, stearin, soybean meal, soy lecithin, and palm kernel de-oiled cake. Our oils are used as healthy cooking medium. Soybean meal and palm kernel de-oiled cake are used in premier poultry / animal feed.
The company’s products have been duly certified by the appropriate regulatory agencies Such as the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON) and National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA). Golden Oil has modern processing technology and plants, which can be compared to worldwide standards. The company has highly trained seasoned oil experts, who’s commitment is to delivering healthy oil to Nigerian consumers.
We are recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Quality Systems Manager
- To guide implementation of QMS Concepts, HACCP & ISO 22000 at PSPL, Moga to ensure that the site complies with QMS concepts, GMP and Quality Processes so that the products manufactured in the site meets the quality standards and there by support business in achieving its goal, leading QA team in absence of Site Quality Head.
- To facilitate in implementation of the ISO 22000:2005 and of different customer’s QMS requirements to meet compliance expectations for basic manufacturing and Control systems & to ensure compliance for certification.
- To conduct training program on Good Manufacturing Practices, QMS, ISO 22000 and HACCP for Managers and Executives at the site to bring awareness on Quality principles for implementation of the quality systems.
- To guide cleaning squad for maintaining good hygiene in the plant.
- To co-ordinate and conduct the Internal Audits at the site ensure effective implementation of the Internal audit schedules, Root Cause Analyses system & timely closure of all Corrective/Preventive Actions request by all approved auditors at the site. Also to do the supplier audit.
- To ensure updating of all Quality documents i.e. Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, by reviewing the systems and procedures to ensure that all latest changes in terms of ISO 22000, HACCP & new processes as per requirements of QMS are incorporated to implement at the site.
- To facilitate in the preparation of MIS and other quality related documentation.
- To Co-ordinate the Implementation of Change Control Procedure and to maintain all the relevant records and trails data for the same.
- To coordinate pest control program at the site.
- Work closely with the various locations management teams to implement the new Quality Concepts to be in line with Corporate Quality strategy. To be with cost-conscious approach by adopting cost-effective measures in the department to enable the product manufactured at the site.
- To have a capacity of quick decision making in uncertain situation. Coach & develop staff and promote & propagate Quality Spirit & culture to equip them with essential skills to achieve the individual, functional and organization goals.
- Support and promote a culture of safe working and facilitate environment friendly processes in the site.
- To support QA team in analysis of spices.
Experience / Knowledge / Technical Skills Required
- The job holder should have Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Food or Chemistry
- 8 – 10 years experience in Quality Assurance Department and must be having adequate exposure /experience in Local and Regulatory Audits in a system oriented, process driven food organization.
Key Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Facilitation skill to ensure effective implementation of QMS & quality initiatives across all functions.
- Clarity of thought and articulation of QMS Systems.
- Good communication skills, Influencing skills, assertiveness skills and audit skills which are key behavioural requirements for the incumbent.
- Sense of urgency to meet the business requirements.
- Good exposure and knowledge of Documentation.
- Exposure to ISO-22000, HACCP, QMS and regulatory requirements in a food industry.
- Exposure to Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Lab Practices & Local Regulatory requirements for a food Industry.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Thorough Process Knowledge & Problem Solving Techniques.
- Training Skills.
- HACCP Implementation techniques.
- Should have working knowledge of MS Office – Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Power point Presentation with use of Internet.
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- The Human Resource Officer role is responsible for supporting the human resource manager in implementing key strategic human resource policies and strategies.
- The job holder is expected to operationalize HR strategy across the HR value chain including recruitment and selection, performance management, learning and development, employee’s relation and grievance/dispute resolution amongst others.
Talent Acquisition and Management:
- Recruitment and selection process administration, On-boarding of new staff, Effective head count management, Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow- up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Implementation of employee wellbeing initiatives, Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation, Maintain and update policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed. In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
Learning and Development:
- Managing skills enhancement and professional development programmes within the allocated budget, Managing the design and delivery of training programmes in accordance with the needs of the Company, Evaluating the effectiveness of all trainings and L&D activities to identify areas of improved performance and to feed into future plans, Providing reports to management identifying Learning & Development trends and return on investment analyses.
Business Partnering and Organizational Development (Performance Management, and Engagement):
- Conduct monthly meetings with respective business units, Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.HR metrics measurement, monitoring and tracking, Implement Culture Change processes, Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention, Conduct the Performance Management process within group of assigned responsibility, Collect ongoing information regarding satisfaction of employee on salary packages and wage, working conditions etc., Implementation of tactical plans targeted at improving employee performance and engagement
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment
- Effectiveness/swiftness in closing manning gap and succession plan
- Staff discipline and grievance management
- Staff ethical conduct, attitude and alignment to corporate philosophy and values
- Staff bonding, welfare and work balance life
- Efficiency and effectiveness of staff retention/attrition rate
- Quality and adequacy of training/development program
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- 3 -7 years experience in Human Recourses Management and Administration.
- Experience in management.
- Understanding and knowledge of Human Capital Management and Business Partnering.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis and report writing.
- The ability to develop and implement company policies and procedures.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent supervision, business presentation, skills, Organization and leadership abilities, Self-motivated with a result driven approach, Problem- solving skill
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Job Title: Quality Control Chemist – Edible Oil Refinery
- We’re looking for a chemist to join our team and help us build safe, high-quality products
- You will conduct various tests on chemical products, analyze their compounds and refine their composition.
- You’ll need extensive knowledge of techniques like distillation, crystallization and titration and hands-on experience with spectrometers and chromatographers. You should also be comfortable writing technical reports and analyses of your findings.
Chemist Duties include:
- Conducting experiments using proper lab equipment
- Preparing and testing solutions
- Analyzing and reporting on test results.
- Prepare solutions by weighing ingredients and dissolving and diluting substances
- Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine their composition
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative experiments taking into account the volume and structure of ingredients
- Customize formulas and use different reagents to test chemical reactions
- Write technical reports of the test results
- Develop nonstandard tests for chemical products
- Maintain lab equipment and troubleshoot or report on malfunctions
- Refine chemical products to improve their quality
- Ensure compliance with laboratory health and safety guidelines
- Sterilize equipment and store materials in secure places.
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- Previous experience as a chemist
- Laboratory work is a plus
- Hands-on experience with spectrometry and chromatography instruments and techniques
- Good knowledge of laboratory health and safety standards
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Attention to detail.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
- The IT Support Officer will support the IT Management team.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the organization’s enterprise network.
- Diligent and meticulous with the ability to identify problems and come up with solutions that can help in ensuring that the network runs smoothly and secured
- This role requires a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite and extremely fast at solving problems
- Understand the IT strategy in detail
- Execute the agreed strategy across the business
- Periodically update management on the changes made to the IT strategy
- Delivery of IT Solutions and Set-up of IT Infrastructure for New Business
- Develop IT applications, subsequent testing and functionality of these applications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day network infrastructure
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade enterprise networks and in house active devices.
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Provide network policies and procedures
- Assess the company’s need for any and all computing technology and make appropriate recommendations for purchases and upgrades.
- Connect all relevant technology to the network with secure protocols.
- Deploy and roll out updates and upgrades in a minimally disruptive way.
- Create training and educational materials to ensure that users understand security protocols, connection procedures, and other necessary information.
- Monitor the performance of the network using analytical data to resolve problems
- Proactively seek changes or upgrades that can improve the network in a way that adds to the business efficiency.
- Provide technical support for online meetings and webinars
- Maintain information security for sensitive data.
- Create and update documentation as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of IT consumables and ensure timely replenishment of stocks
- Provide technical supports and manage contract with vendors for effective services
Essential Skills / Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in a network administrator and network security role.
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, switching and security
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management and control
- Monitoring of enterprise network infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls (Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE & Palo-Alto),
- Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Ability to set up, configure and integrate network hardware
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical instructions and manuals
- Knowledge of Network Security.
- Able to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner.
N150,000 – N200,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.