Application from non indigenes are also accepted at the ongoing recruitment in Adamawa State University>
Job Title: Director of Works
- The Director of works is a principal officer responsible to the Rector for the overall control of the Works and Maintenance Department.
- The candidate formulates strategic institutional goals, preparing budget and keeps inventory, responsibility for maintenance and security of vehicles.
- The candidates advices the Rector on acquisition, operation and maintenance of all polytechnic assets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical), Architecture or Building with at least 30 years post qualification experience.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture and Building with at least 18 years cognate experience.
- Candidates must be a member of a registered professional body such as COREN, ARCON, NSE or CORBAN.
- Candidates must have been a Deputy Director of Engineering / Architecture / Building for at least 3 years of satisfactory service on that grade.
- Candidates must show evidence of technical ability in handling works and maintenance schedules and must not be more than 61 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- The tenure of the appointment will be four years (4) on Salary Grade Level CONTEDISS 15
Job Title: Librarian
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Library Science from a recognized institution of higher learning with 20 years cognate experience in a tertiary Institution
- Candidates must possess sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge with a kinimum of 10 publications or 10 chapter publications to a book in reputable peer reviewed outlet both within and outside the country.
- Candidates must provide evidence of current membership of library professional body.
- Candidates must have served as a Deputy Polytechnic Librarian with 3 years of satisfactory service on that grade.
- Candidates must be ICT proficient.
- Candidates must not be more than 61 years at the time of assumption of duty.
- Appointments shall be for a term of four years on Salary grade level CONPCASS 9
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the polytechnic.
- The candidate is the secretary to the governing council, the Academic Board, interpreting and applying rules and regulations of the polytechnic and issuing of certificate of service.
- The candidate shall perform such other duties as the Council and the Rector may from time to time direct.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a recognised institution, plus at least 18 years cognate experience or Master’s degree plus 16 years cognate experience or doctorate degree plus 13 years cognate experience in a tertiary institution respectively.
- Candidates must have served as a deputy Registrar for not less than 3 years in an Institution of higher learning.
- Candidates must be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Candidates must be ICT proficient and have excellent communication skills.
- The candidate shall perform such other duties as the council and the Rector may from time to time, direct.
- Appointments shall be for a term of four years on Salary grade level CONTIDESS 15.
How to Apply
- Full Names with surname underlined;
- Post applied for;
- Date and place of birth;
- State of Origin / Local Government Area;
- Number(s) and Age(s) of children;
- Current postal address including telephone number(s) and e-mail address;
- Permanent home address (No. P.O.Box or P.M.B);
- Academic / Professional qualifications obtained with dates;
- Educational Institutions attended with dates;
- Previous employments and posts held with date;
- Present appointment with date and salary;
- Community service;
- Awards, Honours and Commendations (if any);
- Extra curriculum activities;
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations;
- List of Publications;
- Names and address of three (3) Referees.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of all relevant credentials in sealed envelopes with the position applied for marked at the top-left corner of the envelope should be submitted by hand or post to: The Registrar, Adamawa State Polytechnic, Yola, P.M.B. 2146 – Yola, Adamawa State. Note: